Thursday, December 13, 2007

My Wig!


Hi Everyone,

Okay, I did it. I decided to buy a wig last Saturday. Dad has been joking that he wants me to get my hair dyed blonde whenever I get my hair dyed. So, I decided to try on some wigs when I had my hair done on Saturday. I learned that I would not be a good blonde - I tried on a few blonde wigs and they looked ridiculous on me. But, I tried on a wig (close to my style) with blonde highlights.

I decided that if dad could buy a CUSTOM steel guitar, I could buy a wig. So, I did. But, I didn't tell him. I decided to see if he would notice it if I wore it tonight to the Shell company party. And, can you believe it? He didn't even notice. We were together from 6-9:20 p.m. tonight, and only when we got home and I asked him to take my picture that he asked if I got my hair highlighted. I then proceeded to pull off my wig. He never realized I had a wig on. It was a hoot! I won't let him live this down!

So, either, he doesn't look close enough at me OR I have a mighty good wig!

Actually, it was so hard not to say anything for the 3 hours+ that I had my wig on. After, I stripped my wig off, I roused him a lot about it.

Anyway, here are some pictures so you can imagine the situation and laugh with me.
The moral of the story is...."Guys, always look carefully at your wife. Don't take for granted what she looks like. It may be that your wife might be going out in public bald and you might not notice." Hmm....that gives me an idea for next year's party!
Love you guys.

Mom/Patti

2 comments:

Jennifer-Colley said...

We like the wig! Did dad freak out when you pulled it off? It actually looks good! You should wear it to work tomorrow!

John said...

ARe you joking me????? you actually wore a wig to the shell christmas party and dad didn't notice???????? WOW, well, he is color blind....