Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Weekend - January 26-27, 2008

Hi Everyone,

Hope all of you had a nice weekend - especially you Jennifer since you celebrated your 26th birthday today! Ah, I remember the day so well - like it was yesterday. I was so happy when you were born. You were so absolutely adorable, and your personality now is exactly how it was when you were first born. More on that later.

Oh, I changed a few things on my blog. If you look to the right, I have included direct links to things of interest for you. If you have anything else you want me to add, let me know. (Ben, I didn't know what to put down for you.) It was interesting---I was showing GM and GF my new design and how they could link to Quechee news and there were three Quechee articles listed. One was about Quechee Lakes where we stay when we go to Vermont; one was on Mesa - the store I love to spend money at when in Vermont; and the last article was about a car accident in Quechee. GM said, "Let's see if it was someone we know in the accident." We couldn't believe it - Richard Brockway was in the accident. So, on the link, out of the three Quechee articles, three were important to us. Anyway, enjoy your link right off my blog!

On Saturday morning I went over to Mom and Dad's house to visit while Dad slept to catch up on his being gone all week. I bought all my Show and Tell stuff to show them, i.e. the newest blanket I made, a note, etc. But, one thing I bought over there was a bib I made. It was a practice bib and the first thing I have sewn on my new sewing machine. It turned out pretty good. Here is a picture of Grandfather wearing his new bib. I have three more for him in the works. I will post pictures of them when I have them finished. Note: The bib is long so it can double as a bib and lap napkin! Cool, huh?


Last night dad and I went to Katy Mills Mall. I bought a new pair of black shoes at Naturalizer. We ate Chinese food that wasn't very good at the food court. Then, we went to the movies. We saw National Treasure. It wasn't very good at all. I don't recommend it. It was slow moving and stupid. I had to close my eyes in the middle of the movie even! Dad didn't like it much either, so it wasn't just me. We wish we would have gone with our first instinct to see the Bucket List instead. Next time.


Jennifer gave me the workbook Experiencing God for Christmas. I had worked through it about 12 years ago and it was really good, so I wanted to work through it again. Anyway, my lesson this weekend said, "to set aside at least 30 minutes for a time to walk with God...Find a place outside to walk. Use this time to get out of your routine....Focus your thoughts on your Heavenly Father's love for you and your love for Him....Thank him for His love and mercy. Be specific. Take time to worship Him and adore him." So, Dad and I took a walk through Cullen Park this afternoon. We haven't done that in the entire time we have lived here. It was quite fun actually. I am supposed to analyze my walk, etc. I will do that later tonight. But, I took some pictures along my walk that I wanted to share with you.

Which Path Should I Take?


Berries in the Park!


Trees in the Park!


A Bird in the Park!


A Field in the Park: This is the field where the family can play kickball or baseball next time everyone is home!!!


The Path I walked (with Dad)!


The Real Mayde Creek!


Jimmy called this afternoon. He said it is snowing in Boston and that Jay and he were probably going to go skiing this afternoon. I hope they get to. Jim said there is a ski place around 45 minutes away from Babson.

Not much else here. Hope you guys had a nice weekend.

Love you.

Mom/Patti




























1 comment:

Jennifer-Colley said...

you need to go see the Bucket List. It is so good! Take GM and GF too!