Monday, February 18, 2008

Bibs, Guitars, and Books!

Hi Everyone,

Well, I just thought I would write to keep you up to speed on our lives. Basically, John and I get up, go to work, I run errands, I come home and watch my soap, John comes home. We both eat sometime between 4-8 p.m. We do the wash when we feel like it. We unload the dishwasher when the dishes pile up. We use the computer whenever we want to. We read when we want to. And our newest thing is going up to the gameroom where I sew and Dad plays his new steel guitar. It is sorta like listening to the kids learning the piano or their instruments, so I am used to the beautiful sound. Dad is taking his first lesson next weekend. Below you can see the newest bibs I have made. I have the tuxedo bib and the double-sided wipeable bib modeled. Guess who the models are? I have also made a scarf using Dallas Cowboy fleece. What do you think? Who wants the scarf? I will mail it to the first person who responses with a "YES, I WANT THAT BEAUTIFUL SCARF!!!!"



Also, this weekend dad bought a new North Face coat. The one he previously bought on ebay was a knock off, but this is the real mashed potatoes. Okay, I don't know where that phrase came from, but you know what I mean. He loves the coat too and it will be perfect for Alaska and Canada.

Dad is going to England in early March. It would be nice to meet him over there, but this time doesn't work out. My spring break is the same as Jennifer and Jimmy this year. Jen says she is going to Padre Island again though and Jimmy said he might not be home, so I am available for anything that comes up. Sorry, Johnny, your spring break days are over. I am sad for you.
I am going to start reading The Appeal - the new John Grisham book this week. I hope it is better than his last few ones. I feel he has really gone down as an author. I hope this meets the same criteria of his earlier books. If not, I am beginning to question if he had a ghost writer when he first started.
Pray for Jimmy. He is waiting to hear back about his job offer with Perennial Capital. He has an interview on Thursday with Wells Fargo.
Hope all is well with you guys. Write every once in a while.
Love you.
Mom/Patti


No comments: